Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The New Girl




Hey, Everyone! My name is Jenny, but you can call me goodwillgrrl if you'd like. Since, we're going to be friends, I figure that I'd ought to share with you some things about myself in the form of a running list of likes and dislikes:

Another fact I'd like to share with you is the current situation I've found myself in. You see, I've recently taken a leave of absence from my first year of college and moved upstate to spend these several months with my dad on his "farm". The reason why I put that last word in quotations is because it is not quite a farm yet. We have a small (dead) garden and we're planning to grow kale in the spring time.

We do, however, live with a motley crue of creatures. An abandoned guinea pig known as "Sox" resides with our four chickens and 9.75 ducks-- I purpose chose not to use a whole number to measure the amount of ducks we own because one duck had tragically suffered a mysterious wild animal attack this past summer and lost one of its legs. We've had a shrew and a vole visit Fifi's dog food bowl and in the evenings, flies and ladybugs desperately attempt to escape the darkness, wholeheartedly buzzing into the lights while little mice live in the walls of this house leaving poop trails everywhere.

Today the sky is a gnarly, sad shade of grey and I'll admit, sometimes it's lonely and cold here, but I'm looking forward to spring rearing her lovely, flourishing head in the coming weeks. This past weekend, we drove to a goodwill store and I think I've rediscovered an old and burning passion... I've only been thrifting a handful of times in my life, but I'm eager to develop this new past time! So join me on this adventure of hunting for grandpa sweaters and sweet, funky-smelling garments.

Sincerely,
Jenny a.k.a. goodwillgrrl

P.S. I'm new to blogging, so please be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment