Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shoes I'm Currently Digging: Wedges

I'm sure we're all somewhat familiar with the presence of these notoriously chunk-soled shoes. The lace-up appears to be a follow up from the victorian/combat boot wave, however I'm personally digging the cut-out heel... Imagine the kinds of patterns you could carve into them! Measuring up to only a mere 5 feet and 1 inch myself (barefoot), I couldn't agree more with the fact that these lovlies are a quintessential staple to any petite girl (or guy)'s closet.  A great way to elongate your legs is to pair a couple of black wedges with dark tights/ stockings, or slip on a pleated maxi skirt and magically appear a foot taller! Just make sure you avoid tangling your shoes with the billowy fabric. I've definitely had my fair share of stumbling walking in heels, so my advice for you can be summarized in these four simple steps:

1.) Start small: This applies on every level--feel free to ease your way into these platforms by practicing with smaller heels--like kitten heels or flatforms, and don't be afraid to take baby steps!

2.) Don't be careless: You're most likely to trip when you aren't cautious--so even after you've mastered step one, still keep an eye out for those puddles and ditches.

3.) Keep practicing: practice makes perfect, 'nuff said.

4.) Take breaks: I've found that my feet have begun to hurt if I've been wearing my heels for too long, so I like slipping off my shoes and giving my feet a break when I sit down. If sitting is not an option (and you still would like to appear taller), then choose a pair of wedges with a thick sole but low heel... that way, they wil add height without discomfort.

 ...or embrace your small stature! Everyone, no matter what shape or size, is beautiful.

Sincerely, 
Jenny a.k.a. goodwillgrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment