Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring 2013 Trends: Overalls

I'm loving this spring trend: the classic overall. Some might say they're a bit too childish, but I digress. I think overalls are a fresh take on all this denim/chambray madness that has been going on in the past couple of years. Throw on a checkered button down and some tan leather boots, and you've instantly got a farm girl look to your outfit. Or, perhaps if you're wanting to go for a more refined version, pair these bad boys with them up with a boatneck 3/4 sleeves and tights. You can play up the colors to your liking as well--opt for darker colors if you want to have more contrast for a night time outfit, and lighter colors as the weather gets warmer.  Even a plain white tee can look stunning with these overalls--however if you want to avoid looking like you've just stepped out from a playground, I'd suggest you to avoid wearing sneakers or canvas shoes--try something with a heel or platform. I think this trend with transition over nicely to summer and even fall, what do you think? 

Sincerely,
Jenny a.k.a. goodwillgrrl

P.S. If you love food (who doesn't?), feel free to check out my cooking / food blog, mdfrmscrtch! I promise there will be tons of lovely, mouthwateringly delectable recipes on it :9

No comments:

Post a Comment